Sunday, November 9, 2008

ring around the moon

I decided to spend my first full day off in who knows how long with what I love most- the ocean.

The waves always manage to clear my head. I realized that the more time I spend alone, the more I notice not only aspects of myself, but the world I am a part of. Maybe this is yet another positive result of the Yes+ course. Awareness of more than just breath.. (I'm such a damn cheerleader)

I watched a five year old boy tear it up on his minature, foam surfboard (fins and all) as the swells built. He caught more waves than the skimmers who spent most of their energy talkin smack about the man obviously in the midst of his mid life crisis, just trying to prove he can still work a board like the 20 year olds. It took a lot to not smack their sandcaked, smirking faces and tell them to get a life- or a real sport. Ouch.


Anyway, welcome to my blogspot! I've been devoted to livejournal for four years and three different journals, all friends only however. But, thanks to a newfound friend's suggestion, I have adopted blogspot as yet another place to spill my mind- and this time for all the world to see. I always have more than enough words to share, anyway.

My name is Lindsey. They say my heart beats too big, that I care too much, that I carry the world on my shoulders. But I've realized this might not be so bad after all. I plan to devote my life to teaching the message of the Art of Living, to helping the world find peace. I'm a vegetarian, writer, surfer, dreamer. I'm terrible at describing myself. You'll figure it out in time.

There's rings on the moon tonight. Legends say it's a sign of rain or cold. Scientists say that is partially true. My mom says it's a sign of something bad to come.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Love to see you blogging, Lindsey, what a lovely surprise! I look forward to more amazing missives from you, my talented middle-of-my-heart daughter.

Julie said...

You are more like your Mamma than you know. Good writting skills.

Susan said...

Hey, Lindsey ~

It's Susan - does it make you crazy that your mom told everyone who reads her blog to check yours out? Hope not - you know she's just so d*mn proud of you!

By the way, I'm a firm believer that one's heart can *never* beat too big... nor can one *ever* care too much - it takes a special person to bear the weight of the world (and you absolutely are... <3 )

You've always been such a great writer - looking forward to more... :-)

lindsey said...

Thank you ladies :) <3